Make Something At Your Library
The BubbLer is teaming up with Maker Corps Bringing hands-on making to your neighborhood library
Join the Bubbler at your neighborhood libraries all summer long as it partners with Maker Corps to bring hands-on making to children and their families. Will you be screen printing? Sewing terrifying (or adorable!) sock monsters? MakeyMakeying homemade computer controllers? Tinkering with circuits? Or Diving into a Mystery Engineering box to invent something new? You never know what adventure awaits!
Meet our Maker Corps Artists!
Check our different Maker Kits!
Drop-in for 15 minutes or stay an hour with your grown up and meet our Maker Corps teaching artists to create something awesome. These drop-in program is designed with school age children or teens in mind as small parts may not be safe for toddlers. No registration necessary. Check out the schedule below for when we will be at a library near you!
SUMMER 2017 CALENDAR
at the Bubbler - Central library
Fridays from 2:00-4:00pm - June 16, 23, 30
Alicia ashman library
Tuesdays from 9:30-11:30 - June 13, 20, 27
goodman south madison library
Thursdays from 10:00am-12:00pm - June 22 & 29, July 6
Tuesdays from 11:00am-12:00pm - June 13, 20, 27
Thursdays from 3:00-5:00pm - June 15, 22, 29, July 6 & 13, August 10
Thursdays from 2:00-4:00pm - June 22 & 29
Mondays from 2:00-4:00pm - August 7 & 14
monroe st. library
Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:00pm - July 19, Aug 16 & 23
Mondays from 3:00-4:00pm - June 10, 19, 26
Mondays from 2:00-4:00pm - June 12 & 26, July 10 & 24, August 7 & 21
The Maker Kit Database
Explore our maker kits below! Unless otherwise noted in the description, the kits have been sized to serve about 15 kids at one time and take up the space of one 12-gallon plastic storage bin (21 x 15 x 12 inches).
- Fixed Costs are the big investments, like a button maker machine, or a set of Keva Planks, that you'll reuse over and over again and won't have to repurchase.
- Consumable Costs are costs of items that you'll eventually have to repurchase and restock – costs that vary with how much your kit is used, such as paper, markers, glue, ink, etc.
The amount of support needed for two different age groups (5-7 and 7-12) is also identified for each kit.
- Green indicates the kit can be completely independently for the specified age group
- Yellow indicates the kit requires some support for the specified age group
- Red indicates the kit requires active support for the specified age group